This message is forwarded to you by the editors of the Chiapas95
newslists.  To contact the editors or to submit material for posting send
to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 12:51:11 -0500 (CDT)
From: El Kilombo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: En;EZLN Communique, Sixth reps harrassed in Nuevo Leon,Apr
30

Translation El Kilombo Intergalactico

Communique' from the Indigenous Clandestine Revolutionary Committee General
Command of the Zapatista Army for National Liberation.

Sixth Commission of the EZLN
Mexico

April 30th, 2007

To the People of Mexico:
To the People of the World:
To the Other Campaign:

The EZLN makes the following public denouncement:

First. Elements of the Federal Army harassed the delegates of the Sixth
Commission of the EZLN that are carrying out the work of the Other Campaign
in the Northeast region of our country.

Second. On April 29th at around 7:30p.m., the convoy of adherents of the
Other Campaign that is accompanying Comandantas Miriam and Eucaria and
Comandante Zebedeo were detained at a military checkpoint stationed on the
highway between Montemorelos and Linares, Nuevo Leon.

The soldiers aggressively searched and interrogated the civilians that
accompanied the Zapatista delegation, took pictures of them and of their
vehicles, and searched the vehicles exhaustively.

Third. Since the beginning of our direct participation in the Other
Campaign, various federal and state police agencies, as well as army
intelligence and the CISEN, have dedicated themselves to vigilance over the
Sixth Commission, taking photos, collecting information, and in some cases,
harassing the people that accompany us or who we listen to on our journey.

These spies and undercover agents have confirmed that the EZLN is not
promoting armed struggle but rather people's civil participation. They know
that, in contrast to the government and political parties, we are not
telling lies, but rather listening and making echo of the injustices that
our people suffer in all of the national territory. They also know that we
do not transport weapons or drugs.

In the last part of the first phase, this harassment was even greater, and
now, on this occasion, the aggression was directly against the Zapatista
delegation.

Fourth. With the movement of the Other Campaign, the EZLN has followed a
civil and pacifist path of struggle. It is public and provable that the EZLN
has nothing to do with organized crime, neither within nor outside of
governmental or political party spheres. This is a ridiculous pretext with
no substantiation, used as an excuse to assault our [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fifth. If the federal government has decided to close this civil route also
and opts now for the reinitiating of the war in the Mexican Southeast, they
should say so clearly. In whatever case, we are ready. For one thing or the
other.

Sixth. We make a call to all honest and noble people to come out against
this harassment.

Democracy!
Liberty!
Justice!

>From the Other North of Mexico.
For the Indigenous Clandestine Revolutionary Committee General Command of
the Zapatista Army for National Liberation.

Subcomandante Insurgente Marcos.
Mexico. April of 2007.

------_Part_47633_7076589.1178041869308

> [...]

In the last part of the first phase, this harassment was even greater,
and now, on this occasion, the aggression was directly against the
Zapatista delegation.

Fourth. With the movement of the Other Campaign, the EZLN has followed
a civil and pacifist path of struggle. It is public and provable that
the EZLN has nothing to do with organized crime, neither within nor
outside of governmental or political party spheres. This is a
ridiculous pretext with no substantiation, used as an excuse to assault
our [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fifth. If the federal government has decided to close this civil route
also and opts now for the reinitiating of the war in the Mexican
Southeast, they should say so clearly. In whatever case, we are ready.
For one thing or the other.

Sixth. We make a call to all honest and noble people to come out against this

For the Indigenous Clandestine Revolutionary Committee General Command of the