2010/11/8 Joe Python <jopyt...@gmail.com>:
> [...]
> However when I try to chicken-install a IUP egg, I get the following error
> message:
>
> Warning: IUP not found, bindings will not be compiled.
>
> Is there anything out there I have to  add before compiling the IUP egg?
> As far as I know all the IUP libraries/include files are in my path.
> [...]

Hello,

the IUP egg depends on the ffcall library [1] in order to be able to construct
function pointers which can be registered as IUP callbacks and which forward
their arguments to a Scheme procedure. It is likely that this library is missing
on your system if the above message appears even though IUP is installed and
can be found by the C compiler and linker.

I admit that the warning message is stupid and I have therefore changed it in
the trunk version of the egg, but I haven't tagged a new release of the egg
because I also modified other minor things that depend on changes in CHICKEN
4.6.2.

Ciao,
Thomas

[1] http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-ffcall-README.html