On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM, mpcompl...@chromium.org <
mpcompl...@chromium.org> wrote:

> We need to at least support per-profile enabling/disabling of
> extensions.  The extension package may live outside the profile
> directory, but if another profile has Random Extension X enabled, I
> shouldn't be forced to use it as well.
>
> As for the technical details of request interception, every request
> has an URLRequestContext, which has a 1-1 mapping to a Profile object.
>  Perhaps you can use that to either store the info you need or get
> access to the right Profile.  The thing you need to be careful about
> is that Profiles can only be accessed on the UI thread.  I had to deal
> with a similar problem when working out request interception for
> Gears, so maybe I can help you with details.

Ditto.  This is something you get for free in Chrome.  URL requests from a
RenderView are contextual.  The only time we have trouble mapping an URL
request to a Profile is when it is a global service issuing the URL request.
 This comes up for things like the metrics service.

The trickiness definitely lies with the fact that the Profile can only be
used on the main thread.  We have a variety of solutions in use to expose
services to the IO thread and other background threads.  We might want to
think about unifying those under some kind of ThreadSafeProfileData class or
perhaps a separate class associated with the Profile that only gets accessed
on the IO thread.

-Darin