On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Adam Langley <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Dan Kegel <daniel.r.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://codereview.chromium.org/115773 is my try at
>> fixing http://crbug.com/11841 ("autoupdate broke my browser",
>> familiar to anyone who's used Firefox on Linux).
>> I haven't cleaned up the code, but it's a lot less
>> invasive than I thought it was going to be.
> However, we could easily make a hardlink with a specific version in the name.
> ...A patch to use the zygote hammer for the auto-updating issue would first
> have to show that there's no easier alternatives!

Adam agrees that there's an issue with the hardlink idea, so
perhaps zygotes are the way to go for the moment after all.

BTW, on my work machine, for that patch to work at the moment,
I have to invoke it with a real absolute path a la
 ENABLE_ZYGOTE_MANAGER=1 `/bin/pwd`/sconsbuild/Debug/chrome
since my chromium directory is a symlink, and pwd reports
the name of the symlink rather than the target.
I'll see if I can get rid of the need for invoking with an absolute path.