On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Darin Fisher <da...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> I think for parity with other apps, we should provide a command line
>> switch
>> to force the WindowOpenDisposition to NEW_WINDOW.  For bonus points,
>> we could expose other dispositions.
>>

> Given mdm's explanation, I agree.  And I agree that it would be nice to
> expose other dispositions.  It's not particularly more difficult to do this,
> so we could just implement "--disposition=" with a few different possible
> strings.

I think adding a --disposition= field is overkill and will be harder to
maintain (which is the worst part about command line flags). If a new
disposition is added to webkit, one is renamed, or one is deleted, are you
willing to either maintain this code or have users' desktop shortcuts break?

I only see two dispositions worth supporting:

  NEW_FOREGROUND_TAB,
  NEW_WINDOW,

these don't look worth it:

  SUPPRESS_OPEN, (don't actually know what this is)
  CURRENT_TAB, (no use case)
  SINGLETON_TAB, (no use case)
  NEW_BACKGROUND_TAB, (not different enough from foreground tab to care)
  NEW_POPUP, (i.e. app mode)
  SAVE_TO_DISK, (no use case)
  OFF_THE_RECORD, (exists via --incognito)
  IGNORE_ACTION (don't actually know what this is)

as such, that patch LGTM if you add yourself to the authors file.