Hi PhistucK,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, I may be thinking foolishly, but, is not Chrome Frame kind of
> like CEF, in a way?

Chrome Frame and CEF are similar in that both aim to provide the complete
set of Chromium capabilities outside of the main Chromium browser
application.  The main difference between Chrome Frame and CEF is the target
audience and how they are intended to be used.  Chrome Frame as an NPAPI or
ActiveX plugin is targeted at Web Developers who wish to host their
Web-based applications in Chromium but must also support other browsers.
CEF, on the other hand, is a library with C and C++ interfaces that is
targeted at desktop application developers who wish to easily embed Chromium
in existing applications and tightly integrate Web technologies with their
existing stand-alone products.

> And with the future direction you are thinking about, I guess you can merge
> the two, or use it extensively to make your work much easier.
>
> Am I wrong?

You are not wrong :-). The refactoring of Chromium that made Chrome Frame
possible will also make a related implementation approach easier for CEF.
It may even be possible to use Chrome Frame as the basis for the next
version of CEF.

> ☆PhistucK

Regards,
Marshall