Yaar, Digging through my inbox I just realized I entirely missed this email,
sorry! Belated comments inline

On 2 December 2009 19:50, Yaar Schnitman <y...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Jonathan, this is a great design and the mocks are beautiful!
>
> Two comments:
> 1. I think there should be a way for the user to say "hey, the location
> provider is wrong, I'm not in Kansas. I'm in mountain view CA!". Desktop
> users would want to manually set it to some address. Cnn.com currently
> thinks I'm in "Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico". Really.

Right now we have no plans to implement this, in part because the geolocation
network
protocol<http://code.google.com/apis/gears/geolocation_network_protocol.html>
provides
no way to feed it back, and it's not clear what the net benefit would be for
a user if they were just applying this correction locally, for the
considerable increase in UI complexity. Whilst it would be easy enough for
the omnibox location icon bubble to have an additional link to
modify/manually set location, once pressed we'd have to spawn a whole
sub-activity to allow it to be defined (on a map? by address?) and then you
have a question of how long this manually set location should apply, and
whether it's just for the current page or all pages (effectively differing
use-cases)

But if there's demand, maybe the location provider framework could be opened
up so extensions could poke about in it?

> 2. re: Code Location:
> src/chrome/common/geolocation
> src/third_party/WebKit/WebCore/platform/Geolocation*
> src/third_party/WebKit/WebCore/page/Geolocation*
>
> Please create harness in the WebKit API to pipe data between webcore and
> chrome:
> src/third_party/WebKit/WebKit/chromium/public & src
>
> As a general rule, you have to avoid any direct webcore includes or types
> in the chromium tree outside of third_party/WebKit.
>
> Updated, thanks.

> Thanks,
> Yaar

Also, I noticed Adam had some still unanswered questions.

> 2) Is there any difference in presentation for SSL versus non-SSL
> sites?  From the mocks, it looks like we're showing the host name but
> not the scheme.

Currently not. The top level page scheme is of course visible just above. If
the request is coming from an insecure embedded frame inside an https page,
then at least the user will have the <!> triangle shown in the omnibox. But
I could certainly see an argument for out-right disabling geolocation in
such a frame.

> 3) Will there be an option to dismiss these dialogs for good (either
> to accept them all or reject them all)?

Hitting Allow or Deny dismiss these dialogs for good for that specific
origin. Right now we have no plans to atuo-allow or reject across all
origins.