FYI In light of the implementation work, I've made some updates to the
design doc  (changes highlighted in red.)
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfbnm49n_0dpc7pxpx

In particular, we discovered 4.1 events have over taken us and there's now a
HostContentSettings component to integrate the permissions persistence and
UI with.

On 29 November 2009 01:07, Adam Barth <aba...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Nice mocks.  A few questions:
>
> 1) Why green?  The other infobars in the product are yellow.
> Historically, green in browsers has signaled extended validation.

In the code, we're using InfoBarDelegate::INFO_TYPE . This seems to give a
green info bar on windows, and yellow on Mac. I'm hesitent to special case
this for geolocation, and assuming this deviation in the color of INFO_TYPE
bars is intentional?

> 2) Is there any difference in presentation for SSL versus non-SSL
> sites?  From the mocks, it looks like we're showing the host name but
> not the scheme.

 - as per elsewhere in this thread, no, not at this point

> 3) Will there be an option to dismiss these dialogs for good (either
> to accept them all or reject them all)?

Thanks to the HostContentSettings, yes! we can now do this very easily.

Marcus originally had code for {Allow always | Ask for each new site
(default) | Deny always} however, for the time being we're keeping
conservative and just doing the latter too (i.e. no option to allow always).
I think this will best suit the needs of the majority of folks wanting to
dig down in these settings.

Cheers
Joth