[CC'ing Dave Hyatt, as he may have some input/suggestions]

Hi all,

As I was having a rather more intense WebKit roll today, I just wanted to
give some heads up on the fall-out of a vertical text change introduced in
WK r80582 (either directly, or that just unearthed one or more
already-existing issues) - the Chromium test expectation file grew quite a
bit, mostly due to 2 effects:

.) There is a font-cache issue that affects Linux DEBUG (it hits an ASSERT
in FontCache::releaseFontData, FontCache.cpp, line 310 - the ASSERT before
the 'if'), which manifests itself only when multiple layout tests are run. (
http://crbug.com/75426)
Hajime Morita, who helped me a great deal with these issues (thanks a lot!
^_^) managed to reproduce the issue on his local machine as well. My hunch
is that this is caused somehow by the introduction of text-orientation, that
is not yet implemented on Linux. Could also be that there is a mixup between
FontPlatformData and SimpleFontData (?).

.) Vertical text on Mac OS X 10.5 is shifted by a rather large amount (
http://crbug.com/75424) - on 10.6 it looks fine.

As I'm familiar with neither Linux nor fonts, I therefore wanted to ask
folks who are more knowledgable than I to have a look.

Finally, for the next gardeners' FYI: There is also a remaining list of
un-classfied bugs, as well as some tests that likely just need rebaselining
for Snow Leopard and Vista (didn't yet get around to that, as it got too
late and my last train was calling).

Cheers,

- Roland