It is a simple fact of geological life that, to use the words of the
late L. Fletcher Prouty, "...Putting a price on a gallon of gas is
like putting a price on a pail of water...."

The earth is an oil generating machine.

To the extent that corrupt regimes pollute the environment and
murder indigenous populations - well if it weren't oil then it would
be some other damn thing.

What is your point?

Do you honestly believe that reliance on some other form of energy
would automatically make corrupt politicians and rapacious corporate
opportunists act like good world citizens?  - HA!

Simon Bolivar had the right idea. He would not let the corrupt ideas
of the Benthamites enter into the university curricula in South
America. Unfortunately, for every Bolivar there are 200 Pinochets.

Good luck.

Ruppert is still a horse's ass who shills for the Club of Rome gang.

 --- In cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com, Vanessa Di Domenico
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- mark urban <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Mike is one of those useful idiots making you accept
> > the ridiculous
> > price for a gallon of gas.
>
> Sorry for the 'poor' Mike-like people who can't afford
> to pay for the gasoline that has totally destroyed our
> lake, leaving Maracaibo without pure water and killing
> off one of the world's largest food supplies. Did the
> gasoline leave Mike without money for food? I often
> eat only bread and milk so as to avoid working for
> those creeps. I won't even go teach them english
> anymore.
>
> Mostly, this happened because USA and EU people want
> cheap gasoline, so the companies that serve THEM come
> and do horrible things, like dumping dioxin illegally
> into the lake, so as to save money.
>
> WHENEVER YOU ASK FOR CHEAP GASOLINE, THEIR PROFITS
> STAY THE SAME, BUT THOSE OF US LIVING IN BIG OIL
> CITIES HAVE TO SEE THE FLAME BURNING NIGHT AND DAY,
> WATCHING THE SEA LENTILS EAT UP OUR LAKE, AND HAVE ONE
> OF THE BIGGEST CHILD BRAIN CANCER RATES IN THE
> WORLD!!!
>
> ALL OF THAT BECAUSE RICH, WEALTHY PEOPLE USED TO
> COMFORTABLE LIVING AT ALL TIMES ASK FOR CHEAPER
> GASOLINE!!!!!!!!! Why don't you walk or live less
> comfortably, as we do? I don't live in the USA or EU
> and have a terrible time here, with a disability that
> gives one big brains and loads of University work. But
> for what? I'd rather go hungry than help pollute and
> kill the world's largest seafood/non-salt water body
> go to shambles.
>
> It was about time that the oil became really
> expensive, so that the pollution could go down with
> the same profit.
>
> Those of you who ask for cheap oil should FIRST worry
> about all the children that such a request hurts.
>
> It is people like YOU asking for cheaper oil prices
> that give me strength to continue our Chavista
> struggle, even as I walk out of my home every morning
> to see the Thomassen oil pump at the park... it is one
> of the oldest in the world, and now a 'toy' kids climb
> over.
>
> And Venezuela WILL make sure that ALL poor countries
> in the Caribbean and SOuth America get cheap oiland
> the best gasoline at fair prices. After all, those
> countries were not the ones that destroyed us.
>
> Vanessa Di Domenico
> Maracaibo, Venezuela

> http://mail.yahoo.com

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hr22d2o/M=362329.6886306.7839369.3040540/D=groups/S=1705372463:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123542954/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>