This is huge. I tried to cajole the Linux Driver Project (
http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view ) into taking that under their
wing last year and BlackMagic said they had no plans to support Linux and
were according to those that made inquiries a bit hostile.  I wonder what
changed their minds.