I hope the routing exam is the hardest.  I just took it yesterday and am
starting the preperation for the Switching exam next.  I used the Sybex book
among other things.  since I havn't found the Cisco Press books for anything
newer than the 503 exam, I havn't seen them.  I'm curious to see the new
books that come out for this next series of exams.  I checked their website
and didn't see the new books listed yet.   I think you should be fine with
either series of books.  The main thing is to get comfortable with the
material.

David