To: "Damien Delgrossi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Cittern NET" <cittern@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CITTERN] Jakob Lindberg and french cistre

Hi All,

Jakob Lindberg and Anna Emillson have recorded an album featuring a french cistre built by Deleplanque in 1776.

That's the only one album I know featuring 18th century cistre, and the sound is BELLISSIMO.

http://www.annaemilsson.com/ENG/duobiografi.html

Enjoy summer,

Damien

Judging by the photos, Jakob Lindberg just doesn't get any older! Years ago (in the 1980s) he was planning a Bellman concert or album and was going to use the cistre to accompany a singer.Perhaps the cistre in the photo is the same instrument as he had then. He wanted to look at some French cistre song accompaniments to see how Bellman might have devised his accompaniments.

Does he play actual cistre music of the time on this album or has he devised his own music for it?

Stuart