Thanks for posting the sound file, Stuart. Nicely played!

I thought the first section has some similarities to Van Eyck's "Wat zalmen op den avond doen".

Ruth van Braak Griffioen list a number of cognates, including German versions (Was wölln wir auf den Abend thun). Lute versions in German manuscripts include Hainhofer, Fabricius, Stobaeus, Adriaenssen and Thysius (Slaepen gaan), etc

-- R