Yeah, delete /var/clamav/mirrors.dat.  That will force a rebuild of the file
on next update.  I've modified the /etc/cron.daily/freshclam and added the
following code after the line that reads
LOG_FILE="/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log":

x=`tail -1 $LOG_FILE|egrep '^Update failed.'|wc -l`
if [ "$x" = "1" ]; then
  rm -f /var/clamav/mirrors.dat
fi

When an update fails, the last line starts with "Update failed..."

HTH,
AK