Bernd Kreimeier ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> One of the implications of Java for free software is that it could
> eventually make large inroads into Win32/other non-UNIX. Vice versa,
> Java applications might minimize the migration pains for GUI intensive
> apps, from non-UNIX to Linux. Is GNU/Linux the limit of what Classpath
> is aiming at?

Certainly not.  GNU/Linux is simply the limit of what most of the developers
have installed at home.  I was to support at least all Unix flavors,
plus Win, plus anything else anyone wants to help port it to.  (Which
since it is mostly Java shouldn't be too big a deal, except for perhaps
some Win AWT peers).

But of course you must run before you can walk, which is why we are
first focusing on Japhar+GNU/Linux.

--
Aaron M. Renn ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/