There was a similar issue with Flash 6 (KB913433). It seemed to occur when newer versions were installed on top of 6.

We found two ways to handle it:
1) Use the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller, then install the latest flash rev and the patch
or
2) Go into C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (on XP) and delete the flash.ocx and swflash.ocx files. Then install the latest release of flash along with the patch.

Ben Fielden
ISS Student Technology Services
The George Washington University

Michael Simpson wrote:
We are having some users fail the scan for KB923789 which supposedly a security update for Flash player. When users fail the scan they are pointed to Microsoft Update which shows no updates are available. When you try to manually download and install the KB923789 update from the Microsoft site it fails to execute. To fix it we can go to adobe.com and install the new version of Flash but there is no way a user is going to know to do this.
Has anyone found a good solution to this?  Are you just deleting the reference
to this update from the scan?

Thanks for any help,

Michael Simpson
Network Engineer