On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 12:20:28 GMT, Abhishek Kumar <abhis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/synth/SynthTreeUI.java line
>> 82:
>>
>>> 80:     private Icon expandedIconWrapper = new
>>> IconWrapper(IconType.EXPANDED);
>>> 81:
>>> 82:     private Icon collapsedIconWrapper = new
>>> IconWrapper(IconType.COLLAPSED);
>>
>> I guess you can pass in `collapsedIcon` or `expandedIcon`  to `IconWrapper
>> `class which can save it in `icon` field and
>> Then IconWrapper class can just call `SynthGraphicsUtils.paintIcon(icon,
>> context, g, x, y, w, h);`
>
> I tried with this approach first but images didn't render at all.

I guess those might be null at class initialisation stage so it didn't
render..you can try

expandedIconWrapper = new IconWrapper(expandedIcon);
collapsedIconWrappr - new IconWrapper(collapsedICon);

in updateStyle() where it sets

setExpandedIcon(style.getIcon(context, "Tree.expandedIcon"));
setCollapsedIcon(style.getIcon(context, "Tree.collapsedIcon"));

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17294#discussion_r1447325540