On Oct 14, 1:55 pm, "Paul Stadig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm getting the following error message when trying to load a 12MB clojure
> file that is basically just a big hashmap of fundamental types (i.e.
> strings, numbers, keywords, etc.).
>
> java -cp
> /home/pstadig/.emacs.d/clojure/target/clojure-lang-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:./gen
> clojure.lang.Script db.clj
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid this class
> index 3171 in constant pool in class file clojure/eval__2459 (db.clj:0)

> I'm using revision 1068 with Sun Java 1.6.0, as indicated below. I've also
> gotten this error with earlier revisions of Clojure.  I forget the revision
> (around 2008-10-06), but I think it was before AOT. I'm not sure what the
> issue is. I can send along the file if needed.

Looks like you might be using Clojure data structures literals as a
data format. That's great, and fine, but you probably want to read
that file rather than load it. Loading it will force the compiler to
treat it as code, and, now, as needed by the AOT support, try to put
the data structure into a classfile, where it won't fit. Reading it
will work.

Rich