This is very cool but I would strongly recommend you try using this with
REBL so you can figure out how to make the `nav` part work in a more
natural way.

nav is intended to work with a key and value (from the datafied structure),
but your nav expects special values so it doesn't work with REBL.

You can put (java.time.Instant/now) into REBL and your datafication
produces a great data representation, but you can't navigate into it using
the keys (and values) of the data structure itself. You can put :format
into the nav-> bar and it defaults to a format you can get a string back,
but none of the other nav calls will work.

You might consider combining the :format key with the actual format, e.g.,
:format-iso, :format-yy-MM-dd and if the key is something your don't
recognize, just let it behave like regular data navigation.

I think you're trying to do too much with nav, beyond "navigation". I think
you could split some of the "clever" navigation out into a transform
function that takes a datafied time and produces a new datafied time, and
then let nav do the "conversion" back to Java objects. You've complected
the transforms and the conversion right now.

If you're on Slack, I'm happy to DM about this in more detail (when you're
back from traveling).

Sean

--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN