Good job tracking down that diff -- upon looking at it, unfortunately,
I obviously don't understand the underlying issue being fixed (the
inter-binding dependencies) because the "old code" basically matches
what I would think would be the way to avoid introducing this in an
outer let form -- clearly the old code must have significant or subtle
issues of its own!