Well, it clearly works for Lau, but then he says in one of the screencasts that
he's using an old version of Slime; if you install technomancy's slime package
from ELPA, I believe you don't get all the slime extensions, which would easily
explain why the fuzzy completion doesn't work. I'm using that slime from ELPA,
and fuzzy completion is also not working for me.

When the fuzzy completion extension *is* available, then the following should
work to enable it:

 (eval-after-load "slime"
   '(progn
      (require 'slime-fuzzy)
      (setq slime-complete-symbol*-fancy t)
      (setq slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)))

-Steve