Hi All,

I'm happy to announce the alpha release of 'FleetDB', a schema-free
database implemented in Clojure and optimized for agile development.

>From the homepage at http://fleetdb.org: "FleetDB offers a flexible
and expressive data model designed for the needs of modern application
developers; a combination of schema-free records, declarative queries,
automatically maintained indexes, and an optimizing query planner make
it easy to manipulate and retrieve data. By keeping all data in RAM as
persistent data structures, FleetDB is able to offer multi-document
transactions, excellent concurrency semantics, and high performance.
Writing to an append-only log provides durability in the form of a
single file that can be transfered and analyzed using standard Unix
tools. FleetDB is accessible via a simple JSON-based protocol that is
implemented by clients in several programming languages."

FleetDB combines ideas from existing databases with several of its
own, implementing them all in terms of Clojure's powerful persistent
data structure and sequence libraries. I think the result is an
expressive, performant, and easy-to-use database.

If you'd like to learn more and about FleetDB and using it from
Clojure applications, please see http://fleetdb.org/docs/introduction.html
and the other documentation on http://fleetdb.org.

If you're interested in how FleetDB takes advantage of Clojure's
persistent data structures, I encourage you read
http://fleetdb.org/docs/implementation.html.

I am very interested in hearing any comments you have about FleetDB
and would be happy to answer your questions. I'd also be interested in
hearing any general thoughts that you have about using schema-free
databases from Clojure.

Finally, I'll be speaking about FleetDB at the Bay Area Clojure Users
Group's January 7th meetup [1]; perhaps I'll see some of you there.

Cheers,
- Mark

[1] http://www.meetup.com/The-Bay-Area-Clojure-User-Group/calendar/12119171/