On 26 Jul 2010, at 17:30, tguy wrote:

> When developing a web app, my preference would be to edit files using
> SLIME with lein swank like all of my other development. So, I should
> be able to start and stop the server from the repl and can reflect my
> changes in the browser simply by reloading a function.
>
> I used to be able to develop like this easily with compojure 0.3.2,
> but since 0.4 it doesn't seem to provide this functionality anymore.
> Is there a modern and easy way to fit this style of development with
> jetty?

This *is* possible with Compojure 0.4, but you have to wrap your routes or app
in a var:

(def my-ring-app
     (-> (routes
          (GET "/" [] (my-index)))
         (ring.middleware.file/wrap-file "public")
         (ring.middleware.file-info/wrap-file-info)
         (ring.middleware.lint/wrap-lint)
         (ring.middleware.stacktrace/wrap-stacktrace)))

(defn start-app []
  (ring.adapter.jetty/run-jetty (var my-ring-app) {:port 8080 :join? false}))

Regarding start/stop functionality, see this thread:

  http://groups.google.com/group/compojure/browse_thread/thread/5606760b86cfd49c

-Steve