Hi,

sad you gave up on ccw :-(.

Let's address your point, though ...

2010/8/10 gammelgedden <gammelged...@gmail.com>

> Now we are at  eclipse / clojure, I ahave had some issues.
>
> I love eclipse, have used it a lot with java, but i could not get it
> working satisfactorily with cloure and ccw. Hopefully unjustified.
>
> I am using windows (XP). My issues were that as soon as I had had some
> compilation error (in ccw) i got spurious errors and the workspace
> would never get back to functioning after this. i had to close down
> eclipse and start over to get it in a sound state.
>
> the errors were related to the class files in the bin directory. ccw
> could not overwrite class files with new versions after recompilation.
> I think eclipse/ccw was prevented from overwritring class files (by
> windows file locking) because they were still kept open by repl or
> comilation - I assume it is caused by the Windows file locking (in
> contrast to unix/linux where these errors could probably not occur) .
> Unfortunately i dont have the precise error mesages because I gave up
> on using ccw.
>
> is that an issue you are aware of, or have heard of before?

Yes, we were aware of it. I've also hopefully managed to get rid of it a few
releases ago (in June? in July? I don't remember exactly).
I myself am not a regular Windows user anymore, but the tests I did with
Windows at that time seemed to prove the problem was gone. And from the
release, I didn't have any new report of such a problem.

Maybe it's time for you to give ccw another try ! :-)

> This was an issue that was also very much present in early versions of
> clojure itself. If you had a load error on a file from the repl you
> could not go in with your editor and save a corrected version, because
> clojre repl still kept the file open.

If such errors still occur for corner cases, I think the problem may still
happen from time to time. A future version of ccw will hopefully lessen the
problem, by narrowing the list of AOT compiled files vs just reloaded files.

HTH,

--
Laurent