This code uses the JGraphT graphing package which
wants to create a graph where the types of the
vertices and edges are generics, as in:

JGraphT<MyVertexType,MyEdgeType> graph = ....

and I'm at a loss for how to instantiate a graph in clojure.

Armando Blancas wrote:
If you must use Java's HashSet, you can use it untyped:

user=> (deftype MyType [])
user.MyType
user=> (def my-set (HashSet.))
#'user/my-set
user=> (.add my-set (MyType.))
true
user=> (.add my-set (java.util.Date.))
true

If you need to enforce the use of a type, use a checked set:

user=> (def checked (java.util.Collections/checkedSet my-set MyType))
#'user/checked
user=> (.add checked (MyType.))
true
user=> (.add checked (java.util.Date.))
java.lang.ClassCastException: Attempt to insert class java.util.Date
element
into collection with element type class user.MyType (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)