Thanks for providing some background and cases where you ran into this
as well - it's very helpful!

Thus far I've been able to justify adding clojure support to our build
process in large part due to the fact that it integrates very well,
and doesn't require changes to how our build process (or existing
code) works. It's still very much being evaluated, and I think it
would harm its longer-term chances (I'm speaking specifically of my
workplace, and not in general) of acceptance if I have to make many
changes to accommodate the clojure compiler specifically.