in my mental world, there is a "pure human", and a 4 armed human would
probably be a 95% human or something, just like a hobbit would be. the
other way round, a human would be a "95% hobbit". an elephant would be 4%
hobbit on that scale.
this model is flexible, covers everything, and is not really helpful when
you ask "what is it?" you have to ask "is this at least 90% cat?"