Hello Timothy,

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Timothy Washington <twash...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Also, have you tried confirming that only one :a is instantiated?
>>

>  That one *:a* is not the same instance throughout all the dependant
> components. Seems that it's the [*:core :a*] bit that's passed to all the
> components in the *'start* *'stop* functions. I say this, because when
> one of my dependant components updated an atom in it's own [*:local :a*],
> it was [*:core :a*] that reflected that change.

I'm not sure if I follow correctly. Looking at your code, (ca/component-a
env) should be called exactly once and the resulting value should be the
:a. Then, when other components that depend on :a gets initialized, their
[:local :a]'s should be exactly the same value. If the value we're talking
about is an atom, i.e. ca/component-a returns an atom, then modifying this
atom in one component (as you say above [:local :a]) would cause it's
value, when [:core :a] is dereferenced, to be the new value. So if I'm not
missing something, the situation you describe above is exactly how it
should work.

If you, however, say add a debug print in ca/component-a, and see that it's
called more than once, you should file a bug report.

--
Kind Regards,
Atamert Ölçgen

-+-