If you only created the atom once, the value of the atom would be the same
no matter where you dereferenced it. If you're seeing two different atoms,
then the code that created the atom must have been executed more than once.

Without seeing your code it's impossible to know for sure how that
occurred. There's nothing obvious in the pseudocode you presented that
would indicate where the atom is being created more than once.

- James