On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 02:35:51PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> I think this is an excellent idea and hope it continues just as a
> weekly meeting for the project just for folks to give status on
> things.
> A couple of comments though:
>
> * I assume since you are proposing this you are willing to act as
> moderator, and make sure these meetings get announced, logged, and
> summary and minutes get posted here. Perhaps we can even get meetbot
> [1] or some analogue up and running to automate this at some point.

Absolutely. And once we get agreement on time, I'll also put together a
tentative agenda (suggestions welcome) as well.

> * If a lot of people aren't used to the multi-threaded, async method
> that well attended IRC meetings take perhaps it is a good idea to
> adopt some protocol - IRC meetings can be wonderful if you are used to
> them, and bewildering if you are new to them, esp if there are a lot
> of people present and talking. At the same time, you don't want to
> burden the meeting with too much formality, so perhaps it's a wait and
> implement if there are problems. Off the top of my head this is a
> relatively common one that a number of projects have used [2]

For now, I think that a wait-and-see approach is probably best. If we
find meetings getting chaotic, then we might want to use the approach
from the Fedora wiki. (In my experience, even some of the Fedora
meetings don't follow the formal approach.)

Best,

Joe
--
Joe Brockmeier