And here's our answer.  I'll rework the process a bit, and get a
ticket opened with infra for a release directory.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Date: Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: Question about development release candidate distribution site
To: Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Cc: infrastruct...@apache.org

Chip Childers wrote on Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 16:33:01 -0400:
> Hi all,
>
> The CloudStack community is trying to begin the process of
> establishing release candidates, and I need a little help / guidance
> from this list.
>
> I've been trying to understand how the
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack directory
> gets published to a website (and the mirrors).  I've been reviewing
> the releases FAQ, and also looking at the other projects that have
> content in the "dev" portion of the dist repo, but am unable to
> determine where artifacts stored within "dev" are hosted.

Usually, nowhere.  It's
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/cloudstack
that is svnpubsub'd to the seed of the mirrors system.  (Assuming you
filed a ticket to create it --- which you guys didn't.  So do that.)

For svn we use the following process: the RM creates the tarball, signs
it, uploads it to dev/, and calls for testing.  When there are
sufficiently many signatures and no showstoppers, the artifacts are
uploaded to dist/ by copying them to the release/ tree.  But we use
exactly the same process for RC and non-RC tarballs.