On 01/16/2013 04:56 PM, Mark Hinkle wrote:

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Mark Hinkle <mark.hin...@citrix.com> wrote:
+1

I think this is probably one of the most important things we can do to make it
easy for users to install and important for us to help distribution (no pun
intended) of CloudStack.

Wido's concern about time to bundle is important but if we get into the distros
we get much wider distribution and I think we'll get many more interested users
and some portion fo them will work on packaging and IMHO we'll net more
development resources above and beyond  work needed to packaging. Also as
CloudStack gets more popular we'll see more people whose security policies will
forbid the use of the community run repos.

It's a huge PIA to do and the guidelines for each distribution are usually a
one-off but I think it's critical for widespread adoption.

Mark