Robert Dailey wrote:

Just like regex, I don't believe there is an official "standard" for glob expressions. I think what you should do is implement the common intersection set of functionality just like everyone else does. You're trying to find the "right" way to do it when a right way has not been officially defined as far as I know.
I am thinking the right thing might be document what it does right now. CMake GLOB does *,?, and []. Then add a regular expression interface as well for more complicated things. Of course if someone has a tested working patch for glob that adds {}, that might change things.

-Bill