On 11/04/2012 07:59 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> The problem is in commit e7e613e. Patching Darwin.cmake back to revision
> 43b74793 solves the problem.
>
> The breakage is here:
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=e7e613efbf1da45a2a9e51d11a4022589d79c642

Thanks for tracking it down that far.  However, I think it is
43b74793 that actually introduced the problem.  The later
commit only changed the appearance of the error message.

> On Nov 3, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Matthew Brett wrote:
>> export CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/

CMake does not read this variable from the environment.  Try

 export SDKROOT=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk

instead to work around this.

>> If I grep for 'DEPLOYMENT' in the PySide sources, I find nothing - so
>> I do not believe these variables are being set by PySide.

I suspect that python is setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.
I can reproduce this in a small test case by building with
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 set in my environment on a
10.7 host.

This should fix it:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=15f5764e

-Brad