All,

I originally planned to ask this question directly on this mailing list,
but it got a bit more involved, so I posted it to stackoverflow instead.
I'm interested if anyone can shed some more authoritative light on the
proposed method for the following question:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/36084785/1938798

*Short version*: invoke a nested cmake-and-build immediately within the
main CMake run to build a specific target via execute_process(). This makes
that tool available for use still within the same (main) CMake run. An
ExternalProject-based technique would normally be a better solution, but in
this particular case, that wasn't possible.

I'd be interested if anyone can confirm whether the suggested approach is
guaranteed to be safe for all generators and platforms, or whether there
are other factors I have not considered in the proposed technique.

Cheers

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia