Hi,

I have a question about CMake terminology. When we are using CMake GUI there are two buttons "Configure" and "Generate", hence we have two stages:

1. Configure step, when we do configuring project, effectively creating file with cache variables (which we can modify) without really generating native tools files like Makefile/*.sln/etc.

2. Generate step, when we do generating project using file with cache variables, i.e. create those Makefile/*.sln/etc.

The question is about command line version of CMake. Since we do creating file with cache and generate native tools files in one step what is the right term? Is it a configure step because we read user's '-D' and create cache file? Is it a generate step because native tools files generated at the end? May be there is a third name to describe the fact that it's configure+generate step?

Thanks, Ruslo