On 05/22/2018 06:27 AM, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> There's more that we (as CMake community) could do to make it easier for non-
> cmake projects to add a config file...
[snip]
> not be much more work for the maintainer as pkg-config files.

There is a proposal here:

  https://mwoehlke.github.io/cps/

for a new package specification format to supersede both CMake
package configuration files and pkg-config .pc files with something
sufficient for both use cases.  The "History" section documents
the limitations of both existing approaches and why neither is
sufficient on its own.

Both pkg-config and CMake's find_package command could use the
proposed `.cps` files.  Projects would only have to provide one
kind of spec file that is buildsystem agnostic.

-Brad