Hello to Everyone,

My daughter was prescribed Aldara to treat the common warts she had on her hand a year before her diagnosis.  Has anyone else with CML used Aldara?

Richard Troxel wrote on 1/9/2006, 1:10 PM:

Hi all,

Something to think about on the issue of CML and heredity. It is not impossible for multiple family members to contract the disease and have it still NOT be hereditary. If, as we suspect, CML is due to environmental factors it is reasonable to expect that family members are exposed to substantially the same environments. Even if the exposure comes from the workplace we often bring our workplace environment home on our clothes, skin and hair. Also, we take our sons and daughters to work so they can see what we do.

Personally, I think my CML came from my doctors. I was having problems that were ultimately traced to a benign pituitary tumor. When the doctors were trying to pin point my problem they injected a radioactive, nuclear substance into my blood to trace it through my heart. This was about two years before my CML showed up. Unfortunately, it is impossible to determine just what caused my disease.

Richard Troxel