> I noticed the following:
>
> - on server2 set up from scratch
>    cobbler import ....    was complaining that the issued rsync
> command was failing
>    I had to disable selinux for rsync to make cobbler import working
> with the following command.
>
>    root# setsebool -P rsync_disable_trans=1

What OS were you running from?

(General note -- Cobbler+SELinux is not supported on RHEL 4 (it is too
primitive to share content between Apache and TFTP) but RHEL 5 and on it is)

This may be a rule we want to indicate in "cobbler check"  alongside the
httpd_can_network_connect item it already reports about today.

Let's make sure there's a Trac open on this one.

> - on server1 (migrated from 1.6.x) and after migration:
>
>    - Had to removed the "omapi" section from the
> /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template file
>       a task for cobbler check ?
>       (not sure but that helps dumb guy like myself not reading the
> docs... :-( )

OMAPI is no longer supported in 2.0, so I am not sure what the problem
is or why you would have to remove it.   Can you explain further what
the problem was?

>    -  Some text comments attached with the systems had
> "accents"/diacritics char.
>       I had to removed them (from jason files) to avoid a python stack
> trace in the new WEB interface
>       (1.6.x was not having issue there - may be due to the move to
> django)

Hmm, interesting.    Please make sure there is a Trac item for this one.

See my earlier note about how to get an account and file a bug.

>    - In the new WEB interface, I got python stack trace when trying to
> sort the "Systems" view on a per profile basis
>       The pb was with the /usr/share/cobbler/session/sessionid..... file
>       the following solved the issue:
>
>       root# chcon -t httpd_sys_content_t /usr/share/cobbler/web/sessions
>
>       and to be sure it will be persistent:
>       root # /usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t
> "/usr/share/cobbler/web(/.*)?"

Ah, nice find.    It is true we haven't done much SELinux testing with
cobbler_web.    This should be added to the rules that "cobbler check"
reports that the user should set.

Let's make sure we have a record of this bug in Trac.

> - The "owners" field is not displayed anymore in the web interface.
>    That was very usefull to figure out who to contact.
>
>     Any easy way to make it visible again ?

I've just fixed that, it appears we had two objects that had this still
marked as a hidden field.   Thanks!  (no need for a Trac item on this one).

> Apart the small annoyance sabove, cobbler2.0 on server1 (the migrated
> one) works very well
> and I continue testing and experimenting with it.

Much appreciated!

Again, if you can make sure the two bugs noted above have Trac items
we'll make sure they are fixed.

Thanks!

--Michael