On 23 May 2008, at 01:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On May 22, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Jonathan Hendry wrote:

Perhaps a better way of doing this would be a web or WebKit app with
two panes. One that shows the Apple docs at Apple's site, and the
other pane points to a page at a non-Apple wiki site that
corresponds to the currently displayed Apple site.

That would ensure that the Apple content stays up to date, while
allowing unlimited wiki commenting.

This is not just better, it is probably the best idea I've ever heard
on this subject.

if this was integrated into something like AppKido with the current
CocoaDev.com wiki you could create everything you want without relying
on Apple's involvement or buy-in.

1. For me the documentation would be very hard to use without the excellent AppKiDo.

2. It really should be Apple's job to provide something like AppKiDo.

3. What I really want:
        NextStep's Digital Librarian
+       AppKiDo
+ a pane pointing to a "a non-Apple wiki site that corresponds to the currently displayed" info, as suggested by Jonathan Hendry + a pane pointing to some information on my local disk, where I keep all those remarks which I would write on the margin of the document if it would be a printed one.

Kind regards,

Gerriet.