On 23 May 2008, at 11:49, Ken Thomases wrote:

On May 23, 2008, at 3:09 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

I do seem to remember that there was something to write files and folders to a CDs using an Objective-C interface.
- entered "disk" into AppKido - nothing except NSURLCache.
- entered "disk recording" into Xcode -> Help -> Documentation - nothing at all - entered "disk recording" into Spotlight - got 360 things, about 250 are .html with names like "index-topic0.html" or similar.

Unfortunately, you've been bitten by a quirk of technical terminology. Apple consistently uses "disk" with a 'k' to refer to magnetic storage media, and "disc" with a 'c' to refer to optical storage media. If you had searched for "disc recording", you would have found what you needed right away.

Most interesting - never would have thought of this!

So I
- entered "disc recording" into Xcode -> Help -> Documentation - nothing at all - entered "disc recording" into Spotlight - got 860 things, and the top folder contains the documentation I was looking for.

Wonderful thing this English language!

Kind regards,

Gerriet.