IMHO Objective-C 2.0 looks like Apple's attempt to make Objective-C competitive with existing scripting languages, given the addition of the dot syntax for accessors and garbage collection changes.

Given that the real strength of scripting languages is tons of useful community supplied modules, real database functionality, and most importantly, regular expressions, and that you get virtually all of those things "right-out-of the-box" when you download said scripting language, I think Apple's really missed the mark with Objective-C 2.0 (if competitiveness with scripting languages is what they were shooting for).

-- Ilan