From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Erik Buck
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 3:18 PM
To: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject: Re: NSTableView

Your question was very good.  My only criticism of the way you asked
you question is the vague title of the post.  Ask as many questions
like this per day as you want.

change the following:
> - (id) directoryTable: (NSTableView *) aTableView
> objectValueForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *) aTableColumn row: (int)
> rowIndex
> {
>    NSLog(@"Row index is %d", rowIndex);
>
>    NSString *file = [arrayOfFiles objectAtIndex:rowIndex];
>    return [file self];
> }

to this:

- (id)tableView:(NSTableView *)aTableView
     objectValueForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)aTableColumn
     row:(int)rowIndex
{
    NSLog(@"Row index is %d", rowIndex);

    NSString *file = [arrayOfFiles objectAtIndex:rowIndex];
    return file;
}
A data source can be any object you specify, but the names of the data
source methods are not optional.  You must provide the correctly named
methods.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/TableView/Task
s/UsingTableDataSource.html#/
/apple_ref/doc/uid/20000117

By changing the name of the method, you provided no way for the
NSTableView to find the needed data.

h.com