Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 18/03/2003 3.52:

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

That gets the value out of the serializer configuration itself... So, per
se, we cannot have a per-pipeline text serializer with different encodings
per different sitemaps...

That's why we have to allow local serializer configuration :)

This thing that serializers cannot be configured is driving us mad.
Luca Morandini needs it because the serializer is doing the charts, and this is 10 times faster than going through batik in the pipeline.

I second this, because my earlier experiments showed the same thing.

Serializers, in the real world I mean, not in theoretical abstrations, are efectively fisrt class components, not just adapters. IMO they should be treated as such, because there is no real concrete reason IMHO why this lack of configurability continues till now, given that we have real needs for it that are not effectively solvable by other means.

Everytime I real need emerges, the architecture must change to reflect the need.

I'm against changes that *DO* *NOT* reflect real needs but just lack of symmetry.

If you think this has changed, write a proposal.

Stefano.