At 2/22/2002 08:47 PM +0100, Juozas Baliuka wrote:
>It is very dificult to find pooling related bugs  in application.
>May be it has meaning to implement something like "DebugPool" to help find
>problems
>in users code.
>I can think about this, if this idea is interesting.

A few months back I made my own hacks to DBCP in order to have it find
places in our code that didn't free up DB resources properly.

I was able to generate class names and line-numbers (stack trace) for every
place in the code that a statement or result set was created but never
closed, and also able to track where connections were borrowed and never
returned.

All of this was pretty easy to do (an hour's work or so), and only required
mods to the dbcp classes.

If anyone's interested, I could try digging it up, and posting it.

James