Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

> I'd like to propose a vote on the following release plan
> for DBCP 2.0.  This release plan can also be found
> at:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/dbcp/RELEASE_PLAN_2_0.txt
>
> Per the Jakarta/ASF guidelines (see
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html), this
> release plan must be approved via a lazy majority vote. The
> voting period will end at 23:59:59 GMT on 1 October 2003
> or when a clear majority has been established,
> whichever comes first.
>
> Here's your ballot:
>
> <---- Please return this portion with your vote ---->
> [X] +1    I am in favor of this plan and I will help
> [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but I am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan being executed,
>          and my reason is:
>
> <---- /Please return this portion with your vote ---->

I will help test DBCP 2.0 with Tomcat 5. Speaking of the release schedule, it would be great if it could be included in the initial stable TC 5, given that critical issues are being addressed.

Would it be possible to accelerate the schedule ? To be included with TC 5, it would mean it needs to be released before the end of October (and likely a bit earlier). Of course, I understand it's not a good idea to rush releases, so if it can't happen, so be it :)

Remy