Maybe one little quick example:

- currently, jelly-swing's ComponentTag calls, somewhere down in its doTag() findAncestorWithClass(ContainerTag.class) to which they call addComponent... At least one major drawback: putting such in a defined tag does not work unless you go till the top-level container in the defined tag (so no re-used swing script-snippets). Many other issues...
- proposed: jelly-swing's ComponentTag should call, in its doTag(), xmlOutput.data(myBean)
Advantage: works with scripts.

- currently: jelly-sql can only define variables with the current result-sets
Instead, the result-set could be given as data and the latter be transformed by some other tags
(e.g. a tag that would merge the fields, or extract the only interesting ones).

Overall, the idea is to have the ability for a tag to give "return value" that is not XML.

I could produce many more scenarios. Most probably that should affect UseBeanTag... though maybe not at first launch. I would propose to enrich XMLOutput class itself (by adding the method doing the default toString). This should really bother the release, I believe. Then I'd like to concentrate on using this jelly-swing, with the hope to be able to make a jelly-swing-runner as a browser (maybe for jelly-swing 1.1 or so).

paul