matthew.hawthorne wrote:

Kevin A. Burton wrote:

Listen... I'm sorry if we're trying to move too fast. We're a startup and on a very aggressive schedule. We're trying to get FeedParser to 1.0 ASAP because its a critical portion of Rojo. Brad is a lead developer and its becoming difficult to synchronize our work without CVS commits. We're constantly having to coordinate our commits due to CVS limitations. If we were using a more anarchic revision control system like bitkeeper or arch this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I apologize in advance if I'm out of line, but has anyone considered if the jakarta-commons-sandbox is truly the best place for [feedparser]?

Based on recent emails, it doesn't seem to be a good fit.

I've had a bit of discussion about this with Sam Ruby and other people within Apache. The FeedParser was too early to go though the incubator and I just really wanted a solid place to make a lot of progress at the time.

Anyway... opening this up might be a can of worms but it seems that the FeedParser would have to go through the incubator to make it into a project.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/