I dug in a bit more, and actually, only one unit test fails,
TestPropertiesConfiguration.testLoadViaPropertyWithBasePath2.

When I change the basepath's to use "src/test-resources":

private String testBasePath2 = new
File("src/test-resources").getAbsoluteFile().getParentFile().getAbsolutePath
();

the resulting file is c:\java\cvs\jakarta-commons\configuration\src.  I
think this is wrong, becase I don't see how the unit test later would work..
I get a NPE, and it seem reasonable..

So, if no one has an object, I'd like to apply this change.  All the unit
tests (99.76%) pass.

ERic